Monday, July 16, 2012

My Blog

My sweet love.

I started this blog back in August of 2010 with the intentions of reaching out, sharing what works for us/Rachel, sharing how Rachel's clinic appointments go, providing a positive outlook in what can sometimes be a less than desirable situation, sharing how Rachel/we live in spite of CF, etc.  I had one goal in mind when I created my blog and this is my thought; "If one person reads my blog and gets a tip.....then it's served it purpose."

About a week ago, I got an email from a fellow CF mom that I met on Facebook (I actually got to meet with her when Rachel and I went to Arizona.) The email really touched me and it was at that moment that I realized my blog had done it's job. 

Here's the email (names removed) :

Hi Sherry,

I just wanted to send a quick note to say hello. I recently showed my husband your blog to show him pictures of your daughter surfing. He has always been a fan of surfing and loves how surfers support the cf community.  My daughter will definitely be doing a surfing experience day when she is old enough.

Your blog is very inspiring. I love seeing how much fun you have with your daughter! It shows me that you can take care of their cf, but still have a ton of fun, travel, and have fun adventures. I can't wait to do the same with my daughter!

I can't believe that my daughter will be 6 months in a few days. Time really does fly! She has been babbling up a storm lately and really likes hearing the sound of her own voice. She has been doing well with the pulmozyme, but she thinks her neb cup is a toy and tries to eat it the whole time. :) At least she likes it!

Talk soon,
CF mom


Yes it is true.....we have no sense!
Doing chest therapy/breathing treatments.

No comments:

Post a Comment