Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Great Strides Honolulu



Saturday, May 28th was Great Strides (GS) Honolulu. 
We had a big, great group of volunteers that helped make the day special.  We had roughly 150 people and at the end of walk day had raised over $18,000; $6,000 more on this day last year.  I can't wait to hear what the final number will be when the CF Foundation closes the books for GS in October.  
I was extra excited for GS 2011 because I was getting to participate.  The CF Foundation sent the GS coordinator to take care of all the logistics and assist the volunteers.  It was awesome but I have to admit - I felt a little weird not having to do anything. Weird but I was very grateful.


Our team Princess Power and friends - some of our greatest support!
They are awesome. 
Our team "Princess Power" raised more than it ever has.  We had 3 team members plus myself raising money bringing in as of today $4,106.  Our team goal was $4,000.  I think that's pretty amazing. 
 


I love this.  Rach and her friends at her poster.
Of course, I had to get a pic with her, too!

Rachel's storyboard.

One of the Kids Korner activities - egg race.

Oops! 

"Go Princess Power" on Giovanni's Shrimp Truck.
After the walk, Rachel and I gave Bri from the CF Foundation a quick mini tour.  We took her to a few of our favorite places.  One of those places was Giovanni's Shrimp Truck.  It's a food truck that is parked in the town of Haleiwa.  It's neat and if you bring a permanent marker you can even sign it!
What a great weekend we had.
 
Go Princess Power
and
Great Strides.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment