Thursday, May 26, 2011

Take a Hike CF!


Lighthouse hike - Makapu'u

Last week Rachel and I had our cousin, Emily, from Virginia Beach visiting.  We love playing tour guide.  We took her to a few of our favorite places, a couple places I thought she must go to, and we knew Emily loves the outdoors, so we figured she'd like to go for a hike.  Rachel and I have really been more active lately and love hiking Hawaii.

The first hike we went on was the hike to the lighthouse, Makapu'u. We've been on this one several times.  The view is absolutely beautiful, beginner to moderate hike (due to the incline).  Rachel and I enjoy going here during whale season to whale watch and picnic. 


It wouldn't be me if there wasn't a silly pic

We were off the main trail,
going up to look at some old bunkers with cousin

Rach took this pic of me and cousin; wish I was ready!

Rach giving the "shaka" (Feb. 2011)

The second hike we did last week was Diamond Head.  It was a first for all of us.  I have to say it wasn't as bad as I expected, except for the stairs - the stairs I thought I was going to die on! ha.  Rachel breezed right through it.  She did the whole hike except for a portion of the stairs because there were so many people.  We didn't want her getting bumped and tumbling down, so she got to be carried up by my cousin's husband.  She loved hiking Diamond Head.  We may go back one day. 



Diamond Head - May 23, 2011


Climbing up Diamond Head

Rach jogged some of it.
At the top! 
At the top!  Waikiki behind us.
And another silly face.

Lighthouse below Diamond Head.

View of Waikiki - from the top.

View of the crater - from the top.



No comments:

Post a Comment