Thursday, May 17, 2012

Kiss My Grits

Tonight after Rachel's gymnastics, we ate place that for some reason we just now found out about.  A Southern cookin' place that someone Russ works with recommended. Let me just say...."Oh My Goodness! It was great!"  Let me also say that, there are two reasons, I'm posting about it.  #1 - it's my blog and #2- Rachel had no problem getting her calories in tonight! We had fried chicken, barbeque, fried catfish, biscuits & gravy, fried okra, hush puppies, deviled eggs, cole slaw, mashed potatoes, mac n cheese, and yes - sweet tea.  In my opinion, the only other place I've tasted good sweet tea on this island besides, well... my house.  To top it off, this joint - hole in the wall - place has the cutest name.  Can you guess what it is?  Kiss My Grits  If you live here on Oahu and like southern food, you really ought to try this place sometime. 

They even served pimento cheese! 
Bless their heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment